View Single Post
Old June 7, 2019, 12:55 PM   #9
KyJim

I got in a session at a local indoor range to do a little side-by-side comparison. I was indoors because it has been pouring buckets here. This was more of a familiarity session for the King Cobra, so I didn't test groups. I fired almost entirely double action since the KC and K-Comp are defensive handguns.

I started with some unjacketed 158 gr. .38 spl from Federal. As expected, it was mild from both revolvers. I tried some 125 gr. .38 spl +P JHP from Winchester and reoil was still relatively mild from both guns. There was a noticeable difference in 110 gr. .357 JHP from Winchester, but it was still manageable in the King Cobra. I put a few rounds of 125 gr. .357 Golden Sabers through each and the recoil was actually less than the 110 gr. rounds. Finally, I had some old-stock 158 gr. Gold Dots from Georgia Arms I put through the guns (GA now uses Speer bonded bullets that are not Gold Dots). This is where the porting and extra weight of the K-Comp made a big difference. Recoil with the K-Comp was sharp, but still okay. The KC was a little uncomfortable to me. Sensitivity to recoil may vary.

I mentioned the "fake" trigger reset of the KC in my first post. That occurred one time while actually shooting. I'm pleased with both revolvers, but I can see myself carrying the King Cobra more due to its lighter weight, probably with 125 gr. . 357 magnums.

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries