View Single Post
Old June 4, 2019, 01:57 PM   #7
dgludwig

Thanks for the informative review, KyJim. My King Cobra has the bright s/s finish and my Model 19 has the exquisite blue job Smith & Wesson was once known for. I don't like the looks of the set back front sight on the new Combat Magnum but at least it has a purpose; unlike the unsightly looking gap on the bottom of its wooden grips.

Though I prefer adjustable sights on most handguns, I'm fine with fixed sights as well on carry guns intended for relatively close range, self-defense scenarios. The same size HKS speed loaders that fit my original Colt Cobra (like they do all of my K-frame Smith & Wesson revolvers), fit the new King Cobra as well.

I find the slightly heavier and slightly larger Model 19 to be slightly less suitable than the King Cobra for concealed carry duty, especially if being carried in an iwb holster. Too, I like the da pull of the new Colt slightly better than my Combat Magnum.

I like both revolvers a lot and I'd hate to have to choose between the two. That said, I haven't shot the King Cobra yet so the jury is, potentially, "still out".

Page generated in 0.02116 seconds with 8 queries