View Single Post
Old March 17, 2019, 02:32 PM   #41
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiphile
You'd probably have him stopped because your foresight would allow you to see a man with a terrible plan going about his plan. You probably would not petition a judge for a hearing later in the day that would result in an order served even later. You might call the police instead.
Maybe this quote better illustrates what I am saying. My reading is that in some of these cases (Marjorie Stoneman and Giffords) that the police WERE called but really couldn't do anything about these guys. Agree that when called we weren't dealing with an immediate threat like the gas station example. But what if we did call the cops in that case, what could they really do? The guy could say he was just kidding and having chains and gas isn't illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiphile
In which of those cases did someone petition a court to appoint a guardian before the shooting?
Is that hard and cumbersome to do? I really don't know. My "impression" is that it's hard.

Maybe my answer is that freedom entails risk that others will abuse said freedom sometimes and there is little way to prevent it?

Page generated in 0.03304 seconds with 8 queries