View Single Post
Old May 8, 2021, 06:21 PM   #88
Txhillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
Just wondering. Any body know which manufacturer started this rumor about spending more on the scope than the rifle? Been reading about it a long time but never actually bought into it.
I don't know where it started, but it's generally a true fact.
Yes, There are plenty of people that have had $50 - $100 scopes that have never let them down. Good for them! I've never been that lucky, and had plenty of them break.

The cheapest scopes I own now are my Japanese Weaver scopes that are on some 22's & hunting rifles. They are all in the $375 - $700 MSRP range.
All of my precision / long range rifles get scopes that suit the job, and range from $1k - $3500 MSRP range.

People that take the time looking around can find top tier scopes used for some really good prices. I've bought many high end scopes on clearance sales and used for 1/3rd to 1/2 price.

I sold my $2800 Revic PMR428 for $2k a while back. Two days later, I found a LNIB S&B PMII 5-25x56 for $2200.
So I bought a $3500 MSRP scope for $1000 when it was said and done, and it doesn't have a scratch on it. It just takes a little time looking to find a great deal on a quality scope.

Page generated in 0.03629 seconds with 8 queries