View Single Post
Old July 29, 2013, 09:26 PM   #32
bamaranger

bolt

I'll comment that a bolt .223 is a useful rifle to have in the stable. Mine's a MarkX Mini-Mauser, but there are plenty of others.

One thought is to keep the rifle choice proportionate in size, ie,don't get carried away with an uber bull barrel and Hubble Telescope size optic. One of the joys of my Mini-Mauser w/ the 6x on it, is that its portable, easy to carry afoot and stow in the Bronco, and thus it goes places regularly. Conversely, my Ruger 77V in 22-250 is great shooter, but with its varmint tube and fixed 12x, is borderline crew served and only gets out for static shooting sessions.

I was at Gander Mtn the other day and there was some sort of Mossberg bolt there with a slender fluted barrel, synthetic stock, matte finish, in .223 that seemed very interesting, ...I don't know if it was the AR mag fed rifle or not.
Similarly, something like a Rem Model 7 would be in the same league. As mentioned the Savage Axis is another, and though a bit stout, the Hog Rifle in .223 could be another.....though a tad heavy.

Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 8 queries