View Single Post
Old October 26, 2020, 10:10 PM   #13
darkgael

Flint

I started my way into the world of BP long arms with a CVA .50 carbine. Shot it for some years. Eventually, though I tried flintlocks.....have shot nothing but rock guns since. First was a Lyman GPR....a great rifle and accurate .....but heavy. Looking for something lighter I stumbled into the world of flintlock Fowlers......elegant, light, smoothbores.
I bought my first from Matt Avance at Tennessee Valley Muzzleloaders. 20 Gauge. While it was not as light as i had hoped. It served for a couple of years while Mike Brooks made me a 16 gauge gun with a 42” barrel that weighed only a tad over six pounds. It is reliable....goes bang every time that I load it properly. Takes grouse, pheasant, rabbits and loaded with a lead round ball at 16 per pound good for deer at reasonable range.
Target shooting......you will have more success with a rifle. The picture is three shots, benched, from that GPR that I mentioned. 100 yards, iron sights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E179C513-B8DC-4707-A3A8-25CD67B3A142.jpeg (3.9 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by darkgael; October 27, 2020 at 05:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.04443 seconds with 9 queries