View Single Post
Old September 29, 2018, 11:05 AM   #9
NoSecondBest

Quote:
I tried it both ways. When the sight is all the way up it shoots high 3 inches or better, Bringing it all the way down improves it to approx 1 inch or so high. Tried it out to approx 20 yards same thing. I dont shoot any of my pistols at a target more than 20 yards. I just cant see the damn thing. I do have some play at the low end. If I press down on the sight it will move further down but the screw is maxed out. I was thinking of a slip ring washer between the screw and the sight but why do I need to jimmy rig this. Is there anything I can do to the front sight?
This just doesn't sound right. There is no way you're moving the rear sight from all the way up to all the way down and it's only moving the POI 2". Something's wrong with the shooter in this case. When the screw is all the way down it will allow the sight to move a very, very small amount by pushing on the sight blade, but not enough to even talk about. You're asking for help but then go into denial if someone implies it might be the shooter. How many clicks will the sight move from all the way up to all the way down....count them and report back. You'll get your answer right there. If the sight is defective all Ruger has to do is send you a new sight. They don't need the gun if you have a sight that won't move the specified number of clicks. If the sight is moving the correct/specified amount of clicks and the POI isn't moving more than a couple of inches, it's you, not the gun.

Page generated in 0.02510 seconds with 8 queries