Thread: LGS Ripoff!
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 10:02 AM   #62
Willie Sutton

"I am ashamed to say I bought a box of primers and cringed while doing it. I know I was getting fleeced BUT after looking for weeks to find 'em locally to no avail and seeing that when you find 'em online then add shipping and hazmat fees it wasn't that much more ($20-$30) at the show."

But you miss the point: It did not cost MORE at the show.

Why?

Because it was NOT FOR SALE locally. Not at ANY price.
Goods that are not available are.... not for sale.
$5.00 a box would not have bought them at your LGS.
$1000 a box would not have bought them at your LGS.
So were they worth $5.00 or $1000 a box at your LGS?

The bottom line is that you cannot divide by zero... it's the most basic of math.

Zero goods = an unsolvable math problem = no sale = no value set.
Why? Because you can only determine value if there is a product on the shelf.

The price you paid was FAIR.

Why?

Because BOTH a seller AND a buyer agreed by mutual consent, not by the force of anything other than their own desires, to exchange value for goods in a rate that they both agreed to.

See "Stock Market": I could have bought Berkshire Hathaway stock for $1000 a share a while back too. Now it's over $10,000 a share. Yesterdays price is meaningless to a buyer. It only influences the decisions of the man who already owns it, and the OWNERS DECISION is a binary choice: He can decide to hold it in hopes of additional future gains at the risk of a possible future loss, or to sell it today to achieve the existing gain but to then lock in that decision and to be unable to take advantage of possible future gains.

The ONLY choice a buyer makes is to buy at the offered price, or not. Being a buyer is a LOT simpler from a decision making standpoint than being a seller, especially in the case of a consumable product, like primers or powder or ammo.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Sutton; March 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Page generated in 0.03296 seconds with 8 queries