View Single Post
Old January 1, 2001, 09:36 PM   #12
C.R.Sam

Hi Doug....no arguement from me re McGivern.. However, he was a rather exceptional shooter. His accuracy and native understanding of ballistics was phenomonal. He seemed to be able to picture the projectile path in relation to the sights from three feet to three hundred yards. I think he could outshoot most with triggers that many mere mortals would refuse to shoot with. I like the seven or ten yard drill puttin a cylinder load, on target, in a group the size of my (small) hand in about a second. Not up to his speed or accuracy but likely to stop a single bad guy. Double taps on multiple targets. I can not do that with a trigger that is not only butter smooth but also on the light side. I want the same guns to be able to let me get an eyeball hit double action at fifteen yards. Again, takes smooth trigger and preferably on the light side. That's the way I am.

Aside from deburring and polishing, I often leave the hammer spring stock and at most take a turn n a half off of the rebound spring. Nothing radical, but the difference improves my accuracy considerably.

Sam....let's have a cantankerii shoot, twood be a hoot. Probably prove everybody right.

Page generated in 0.02414 seconds with 8 queries