View Single Post
Old March 18, 2019, 11:45 AM   #19
Sharkbite

Theo beat me to it. +1 to what he said.

Im not a big guy, 5’9” ~180. 34” waist, i carry a M&P 2.0 compact all day, every day at about 1 o’clock and it works just fine for concealing that gun on me.

The unlisted pro to AIWB carry is weapons retention in a scuffle. Not all fights start as gunfights. Its an unfortunate reality that sometimes its a physical assault that mus0t be handled WITHOUT the justification for “going to guns”.

AIWB allows me to retain the gun easier (with better leverage) then 3 or 4 o’clock, allows better retention techniques to be used, should i need them. Allows an easier draw from the ground (should i need it) when the fight goes there.

To draw from 3 oclock, you have to get your elbow behind your hip, try that when on your back, its not easy. 4oclock (and further back) just make it harder. Ive pressure tested it in the gym with my BJJ coach and a red gun. AIWB was better in all aspects vs a strong side hip carry when tied in with an assailant or on the ground.

Im not saying a gun is the best option when in a ground fight, but this is a gun forum, so i’ll play that angle.

So, PRO’s
Conceals better (as long as you dont have a big spare tire around your middle)
Allows larger (more effective) guns to be carried
Allows you to surreptitiously get almost a complete firing grip
Allows draw times that rival or beat hip carry
Allows great weapons retention standing or grounded
Allows easier draws when seat belted in your car

Cons
Not for beginners. MUST have habituated all aspects of safe gun handling and weapon presentation.
Pretty much have to use an IWB holster.

Im sure there are points ive left out, but thats my take on AIWB

Page generated in 0.02224 seconds with 8 queries