View Single Post
Old September 20, 2011, 08:44 AM   #3
Savage32-20

A trick that I tried when I was having a chambering issue (although may not be best it did work) was to take a permanent marker (i used sharpie) and completely color the case black. Let it dry for a bit and then put it into the chamber. When it comes out look at the case for where it may be rubbing in the chamber of the gun. If it's only in one or two spots (a single line on one side) then there may be a burr that needs to be addressed. If it's uniformly around the case then it may be the case is too expanded to be put into that gun.

I know others have also had issues with Remington brass - so it may just be the nature of the beast. But this little trick was able to help me solve a chambering issue I was having and figure out where I went wrong.

Just make sure you clean the chamber after this procedure (i use hopes number 9) to remove any ink residue from the sharpie.

Like I said this may not be a good/great method to use - but it is something i tried that worked as well as being quick and easy.

Page generated in 0.02500 seconds with 8 queries