View Single Post
Old December 16, 2012, 10:09 PM   #20
bt380

When I look for a pistol, I like to find one that allows my thumbnail and middle finger to overlap when wrapped about the handle. One that I can hold out in front of me with one hand for at least 30 seconds on target and still feel comfortable and not having any difficulty aiming. I also face a target using the isosceles two hand thumbs forward stance with the left hand filling the void on the handle left by my RH (RH shooter). Pistol placed pointing out but next to chest. Close eyes and push the pistol out to the target. Open eyes and see if I am pretty good on target and not too high or too low. Not all guns fit both couples well. It was mentioned in one of the threads to go to a range, pay the bucks to test out other guns. That is good advice. Think of what you want to test before you go. Think of things like, recoil, cost of ammo, will it be fun to practice, price of gun, etc, etc. If this is a gun for just home defense when in bed. But a 18.5" barrel shot gun with #4 if no other rooms are a problem in line. Back that up with one of the on line alarms for about 275$ (ie alarm sellout has a good reliable one http://alarmsellout.com/home.php) to ensure you wake up in time to actually get a gun. If you sleep hard, you are only arming someone else.

Page generated in 0.02819 seconds with 8 queries