View Single Post
Old December 17, 2010, 03:10 PM   #28
LordTio3

Quote:
Well the objected to passage by 556Isdeadly might be viewed as constructive by some, so relax. I looked it up and in California one is required, for the most part, to take a beat down without drawing a weapon (escalation of force).
The reason I posted the quote that I did was because it was the least offensive. And if you look at the post it was excerpted from, you'll find it heavily edited by the moderators, so please don't assume any lack of "relaxing" to be a brash act, as there was previously more to the story that is now unobservable, and for good reason.

Quote:
I can see where evaluation of who, or whom, you are being assaulted by might be very important in decidng upon ones actions ... at least here in California. This I suspect would very by county that the incident occured in. A jury in Marlin County I suspect would view any altercation different from a jury in, say, Alpine County. I also suspect the Officers in Alpine County have a different mindset than those in LA County. 556Isdeadly's experiences might be different from yours, and might believe his opinion is valid.
And while it IS important to take into consideration the environmental and social context of your location when deciding how to act, it is foolish and dangerous to advise anyone to just "sit down and take it". At what point do the terms of that advise end? When he beats you to the point that you are incoherent and can't physically run away? Do you expect him to stop at that point? What if he produces a weapon that you NOW can't defend yourself against?

Yes, we must be considerate of our environment, but for God's sake, don't be afraid to defend you life because it has a small probability of costing you some money somewhere down the line. How much is your life worth to you? I'll spend a few thousand in court if it buys me an extra 40 or 50 years. People pay more for knee-replacement surgery.

Quote:
I hope being 'Real' is more insiteful, and more important in these discussions, than being 'Politically correct'.
No one is making the point of being 'Politically correct' over having sound situational judgement. Just don't be stupid and pull a gun when the 4'11" guy calls you an a-hole after you bump into him on the sidewalk. If you are truly and rightfully afraid for your life or safety, then use your judgement and do what's justified. That's all we are saying.

~LT

Page generated in 0.03689 seconds with 8 queries