View Single Post
Old August 10, 2014, 07:57 PM   #23
Gabe1972

hvymax, the gun that you listed is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I scoured so many sites looking for a bolt action gun with iron sights and never saw this. Yes, this is definitely my dream gun and I wish a few more manufacturers made similar guns.

As for the sight problem, I looked on Brownells and I am completely lost. I'm going to have to consult a gunsmith. I don't even know how any of these things mount. I imagine some of the rear ones can mount on my existing scope rail, as I now have a Weaver style (I know Picatinny is the better choice) rail that is approx 7" long with notches all the way down it. I needed that for the red dot sight as the rail that it came with was one of those two piece jobs with only one notch on each. Although it may have worked with the way the red dot attaches, but it would have hung off of the end of the rail.

As for the front, again, I am completely lost. Nothing looks like what I had in mind, and I don't understand why they don't make something of that nature. A sight that is either in two halves and locks around the barrel, or one that slides up the barrel and tightens on to it. I don't see anything like that.

The sad thing is, by the time I am done with this, I will have spent as much, if not more, than what the Mossberg MVP Patrol costs. And at least with the Mossberg I could use the 5.56 ammo as well.

Such is life. Again, I don't think the sight thing is something I can do myself.

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 8 queries