View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 03:20 PM   #74
Gaerek

Quote:
Wrong. You weren't listening what you were reading. Only two companies met the criteria for the competition, Remington and Seko, Remington won. Don't even try to imagine that these sniper systems are anything like the other rifles you imagine other companies can make cause they are in a whole different class.
I wasn't talking about the contract. I was talking about products that Remington makes that I can use. There's really nothing unique about the company that make me have any loyalty whatsoever. They're in a state that wants to take away people's Constitutional rights and they haven't made a statement regarding it? Ok, I'll buy my bolt gun from Ruger instead. At least I'll know that a portion of my money will likely go to pro-2A groups, and to a company that has a vested interest in my rights. That's MORE than enough reason not to buy from Remington again, even without the contract.

Quote:
Remington Arms isn't some family business that gets to make such statements as you demand. They were owned by Cerberus, which is a multinational investment corporation that only bought Remington Arms (and Bushmaster, etc) as a business entity. Cerberus specializes in buying distressed companies.
That's part of my point. They don't have the luxury of making their customers feel good about where they're spending their money? Fine, that's their prerogative to serve their shareholders first and customers second. It's my prerogative to serve a company that supports my rights. If Remington (Cerberus) does support my rights...I have no idea because they haven't made a statement about it, except for a vague explanation of why they're selling off the Freedom Group.

I think I'm going to change the way I look at this then. This might make more sense and be more palatable. Don't think of it as me not giving my support to Remington, or other companies that don't seem to care about individual rights, as long as they're getting paid. Think of it as I'm going to go out of my way to support companies that will get in the thick of the debate, and do everything they can to support 2A.

Remington does what Remington does because they have to. That's fine. But if I can buy my new bolt gun from a company that is actively supporting and fighting for my rights, I'll buy from them instead.

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries