View Single Post
Old July 15, 2011, 07:15 AM   #27
C0untZer0

As happens on this forum we often end up debating shades of meaning or bantering semantics. But I've always taken the myth of not having to aim a shotgun as meaning something akin to pointing a shotgun in the general direction of a bad guy and unfailingly flattening him with a volume of shot that put seemingly hundreds of holes in him from head to toe.

I think there is a scene in "Walking Tall" where a sawed off shotgun is fired and there is a wall that looks like it was about 150 meters from a detonated Claymore mine.

The more I think about it – the more nebulous a myth probably is to pin down. How can I account for whatever erroneous information people may have in their head? I once had someone tell me that the recoil on a .45 was so powerful that in order to hit a target you had to aim at the floor…

If people think that you can just fire a shotgun in the general direction of a BG and hit him… then probably a load like Wolf in a rifled barrel, using #2 or #4 Buck… there probably is a pretty good chance that you’ll hit him with at least one of those projectiles. Getting hit with just one projectile is unlikely to “stop” someone though… unlikely, statistically speaking to strike vital tissue.

But I think the myth is probably more along the line of creating a huge wall of lead, several feet across and several feet high that makes the perpetrator look like Swiss cheese..

Page generated in 0.03103 seconds with 8 queries