View Single Post
Old June 27, 2005, 09:25 AM   #34
Dave R

No, I don't think the country tends toward anarchy. I think it tends toward facism. If there is any disruption in the government creating a leadership vacuum, there is no shortage of lower-level politicians eager to step in and take control. We have 'Government in Depth."

There seems to have been some thread veer toward "could the USA be invaded?"

I don't think most people realize what a tremendous "defense in depth" the USA has in its National Guard. Here in podunk Boise Idaho we have at least 20 M1 Abrams tanks parked by the airport, and regularly used in drills by the National Guard. We have mobile artillery, mobile briges, APC's, etc. We also have a squadron or two of Warthogs parked at the airport. That's a pretty formidable force for a small town in Idaho. About 50 miles away we have Mountain Home Air Force Base.

All states have similar National Guard armories, staffs, and equipment. And thanks to the Interstate Highway system (and a tremendous number of secondary roads) we can move all that equipment wherever is needs to be in short order.

All we need is the will to defend ourselves and the leadership. And I don't think there is a shortage of either.

Page generated in 0.03203 seconds with 8 queries