View Single Post
Old August 1, 2021, 07:57 PM   #23
TruthTellers

I don't base availability off what's in store, I base it off what's in stock online and at what price. I see Blazer 9mm Aluminum is $20 a box, which is a lot better than the $30 I've been seeing Federal brass 9mm at and it appears that the ammo isn't selling out super fast.

For any other handgun caliber it's either out of stock or ridiculously priced. I see Midway has Federal 10mm HST ammo at $2.50 a round in stock and it's like nobody is buying it so why hasn't Midway lowered the price? In normal times that ammo would be maybe half the cost and it's not like there's a huge demand for 10mm ammo anyway.

Seems to me a lot of retailers bought ammo at outrageous prices from distributors thinking it was going to sell, it hasn't and they're like a used car dealer holding onto a 12 year old F150 that doesn't start and has two flat tires and won't let it go for less than 6 grand because they won't turn a profit.

IMO, for calibers that aren't 9mm, .223/556, 762x39, .22, and 12ga, we're in for a very long wait. You consider that it's taken us 7 months to go from 9mm at $40 a box to $20, it's gonna take us another 7 months to get anything outside the most common calibers to become available at prices 50% higher than normal and a lot of that's because inflation is going to hit like a tsunami.

And that is if there's no major mass shooting. We're pretty lucky so far this year that we haven't had a Pulse nightclub, Vegas, Parkland school, or El Paso Walmart shooting this year.

Page generated in 0.03460 seconds with 8 queries