View Single Post
Old February 28, 2014, 10:19 AM   #31
Big4Freedom

Fas1's comment was where I was going too. I would recommend a mechanical lock safe at night stand that wouldn't fail if intruder cuts electricity outside home (step 1 in intruder playbook) or the battery dies when you think it's fine. You could then keep everything else in a large digital lock safe elsewhere. If you're after a 6 gun, then buy a 24 gun safe, or larger, budget permitting. You don't want to buy then in two years have to have other one moved out and new, larger one delivered in its place (like 95% of us have done I imagine).

Stackon makes very economical safes with fire and water protection in $7-800 range to get you started. With that said, for $9-1000, get a Browning safe that has the rifle/shotgun holders in door to triple your space. I so wish that would have been out when I got my safes. That way, you may store paperwork and handguns in shelves at back of safe, using front for long guns. Most safes that don't have this concept waste the first 8-10 inches of safe from top to bottom, side to side.

Page generated in 0.02858 seconds with 8 queries