View Single Post
Old December 20, 2012, 01:29 AM   #22
solocam72

Reloader28, you might really like the bergers, they are a very precise made bullet with a high B.C. and highly sought after by a lot of the long range shooters, I found them to be finicky when I worked up a load with the 168 grain hunting VLD in my 7 Rem mag, meaning I had to play quite a bit with seating depth to get them to shoot good in my rifle but when I found the sweet spot they shot really well, I just wasn't impressed at how bad they come apart (blow up) any bullet that blows apart sending shrapnell flying through an animal will leave substantial bloodshot and therefore waste of meat especially shoulder shots which is most of what you see on tv, it looks impressive to dump a big bull elk in his tracks as if he were struck by lightning, I myself see it in a different light, guess I'm old school, I shoot for behind the front shoulder and try to take the lungs out with a premium bullet that expands yet retains most of its weight. Again its different strokes for different folks! Doesn't mean my way is the right way, or the only way, but its my way and so far I've had really good luck with the bonded core nosler accubond bullets, they shoot really well and perform very well on game, and by chance I get in the shoulder the bullet expands normally twice its size and drives through, yes they will bloodshot also in a case like this but its minimal compared to a bullet that blows up

Page generated in 0.02203 seconds with 8 queries