View Single Post
Old November 8, 2017, 11:33 PM   #83
IZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY View Post
Ok. I actually read the whole thing.

1. I used to have one of Marc's books, I thought it good back then, but this new material seems wonky. Keeping in mind he has to keep food on the table, he seems to be going the Mossad Ayoob legal expert route, but with knives.

2. A lot depends on state law in self defense. The Stand your ground law in Florida would change this mental exercise for those in that juridiction.

3. article does not mention my question about Jeans or leather and slashing. Training, or only mentally preparing to preform one kind of strike in an SD situation is trianing to fail.

4. No one here would (or should want) to be in a knife fight/ duel. It would be very messy for both sides.
(Marc used to say be prepared to get cut up). sometimes just running away is not always possible, even if preffered by some.
Yes, self defense IS more protected in Florida, on that I doubt people would argue. In FL I can also protect others legally with no duty to retreat, and even just a possibility of cost recovery might put a damper on the whole lawsuit issue.

And if not, then not. I don't think it us wise to worry to much, or second geuss defending your self (or in FL others as well), when you have very little time if any to respond to such situations.

In many states bankrupcy laws will allow you to live in your home and drive a car, keep farm equipment, Etc. It pays to look up your own state laws, even if you never want to go bankrupt. (I never have).

Last edited by IZZY; November 8, 2017 at 11:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.02084 seconds with 8 queries