View Single Post
Old December 10, 2019, 08:37 PM   #10
bedbugbilly

I think you have received a lot of good information and from your post, I am assuming you are talking about reliability. IMHO, a revolver is going to be much more "reliable" as far as going bang over a semi-auto - based on my experience only. A semi-auto can have issues with failure to feed, eject, etc. if you haven't put it through the paces to see which ammo works best, etc. I own / have owned a good number of wheel guns over the past 55 years of different makes and can honestly say that I have never had any real "reliability" issues with any of them. Follow the suggestions above and you'll be fine. "Learn" your pistil - how it works - how it shoots - and practice practice, practice.

The mechanics of the revolver are one thing - carrying it is another I have never been able to carry andy handgun IWB - just isn't comfortable. I retired so I usually dress casual and I carry OWB - shirt tail or jacket over it normally. I have carried J frame snubs, K frame 4", Rugers, Colts, etc. I mention these things because the "re;oabo;otuy"l is only part of it. Find out what works best for you for your pistol as far as a good holster, how you carry and practice drawing (with the pistol unloaded) until you are comfortable with that was well.

Just make sure you aren[t ike some folks who get a handgun, get certified for carry and then neglect to practice shooting it on a regular basis with your carry ammo. If you don't practice on a regular basis, the handgun may be 150% reliable but you . . . not so much. :-)

Good luck, be safe and enjoy.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02329 seconds with 8 queries