View Single Post
Old November 17, 2019, 09:32 AM   #9
Flaman

Hi All,

First and foremost... Congrats to the OP. You have (what I feel) is one of the finest revolvers available!

I picked up a stainless, 4" GP100 about a year ago, and it has quickly become my absolute favorite range gun! The Hogue factory rubber grips fit my hand like a glove. It is just heavy enough to counter the recoil of any .357 Mag loads, and... it digests .38 special loads as if they are .22's. I swapped out the factory springs for Wolf reduced weight springs. And (this goes for any Ruger DA revolver) if you want a truly AMAZING trigger, I highly suggest shimming the hammer, hammer-dog, & trigger. The addition of shims transformed my trigger into something very special; in fact... I've shot lots of guns over the past 50+ years, but my shimmed GP100 performs heads & shoulders above any double action revolver I've ever fired- including S&W Performance Center revolvers. Shims can be purchased at: https://triggershims.com/ruger_double_action.html. The owner, Lance is very helpful, knowledgeable, & patient man. Just a note: if you can see rub marks on the sides of your hammer, hammer-dog, or trigger, you will see marked improvement by shimming; especially in double action. Think of it this way... as you pull the trigger in double action, if components are rubbing, it adds unnecessary resistance while you work to compress the hammer spring.

Page generated in 0.03012 seconds with 8 queries