View Single Post
Old February 2, 2014, 12:35 AM   #43
F. Guffey

After you guys get through scaring each other we can go to the next page. The original poster ask a question, he wanted to know what was beyond the no go-gage, the answer should be a field reject gage.

Reloaders that are consumer oriented recommended buy, buy, buy.

One suggested if it is possible to form case providing they have a press and dies with threads and have a a basic understanding of the relation between the length of the chamber and the distance from the deck of the shell holder and shoulder of the die. If adjusting the die drives a reloader to the curb they still have the option of buy, buy, buy.

Moving beyond scaring people. It is possible to measure the length of the chamber from the shoulder of the chamber to the bolt face without a go, no or beyond gage. I know, most are already scared, then there is the possibility the person asking the question has a go-gage, it is possible to modify a go-gage to a go to infinity gage, or in like the OP, he has a no go-gage, again, it is possible to modify a no go-gage to a no go-gage to infinity gage. I know, most of your are getting dizzy and at risk of passing out, but it is possible to use a no go-gage as a go-gage. And my favorite, using the go-gage as a short chamber gage.

Then the other part of his question: What is the risk of chambering a round and firing it, as in what is expected to happen. If there is any chance the firing pin strikes the primer and the case grows feet, then runs to the front of the chamber the case will stretch between the case head and case body. Problem, he has a Mauser, 'THE CLAW' Mauser. I have suggested the choir scribe a case at the case body/shoulder juncture, I have said I have never found skid marks on a case. I find the case body/juncture does not move meaning when I pull the trigger and the scribe mark does not move the cases I use do not have feet making it impossible for the case to run to the front of the chamber.

It is possible to determine if the case has the ability to run to the front of the chamber before leaving the shop, it is possible to correct the problem at the range long enough to fire form the cases. He was using 03A3 and 03 receivers, he was not using 'THE CLAW' I know, in all appearances the 03 type receiver has 'THE CLAW', not true, the springfield as a claw.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03048 seconds with 8 queries