View Single Post
Old December 1, 2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Longdayjake

I had a similar experience. There is a takeout only pizza place right near 3 different bars. My wife loves their pizza so I get stuck going there to get some every time she gets the hankerin. Anyway, on two occassions I have had people come to me and ask for "spare change." It is obvious to me they want drinking money so I ask them what they want it for. One guy said he wanted it for a cab since he was too drunk to drive home. I told him to call a cab and I would pay the cabbie to drive him where he needed to go. He flipped me off and walked away. The second guy was quite a bit more confrontational. I asked him what he wanted it for. He started yelling at me saying, "why do people always ask what it is for? No one in this damn town cares about anyone but themselves!!!" I told him that I don't even give money to my kids without asking what it is for. He rode away on his bike yelling at everyone that was near enough to hear. It was funny because my kids aren't even old enough to ask for money but somehow thats what came to my mind.

Page generated in 0.03624 seconds with 8 queries