View Single Post
Old October 17, 2005, 01:44 PM   #12
blackmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonGuy
I'm a careful person, but my wife, despite all my warnings, is the type to open first, or just leave the door open and wander to the neighbors. She'd fight me about carry to some extent, but I think I'm going to go "paranoid" on this one and use the Glock. Thoughts and opinions as I am far too passive in this area being born and raised in NYC.

I used to live on L.I., so I know where you're coming from. It gives a great illusion of being a safe-from-crime kinda place, but it's not.

I wonder why it is that in a place like NYC, which as a city has always had an elevated interpersonal crime rate, people end up bred to be PASSIVE. Wouldn't you think, intuitively, that being in a high-crime area would condition the populace to be alert and perceptive to their surroundings, and resistant when criminals confront them? It seems that the wolves have truly created sheep somehow, if this attitude is prevalent.

I think it's probably time to make a serious impression on your wife. If she is going to be the type to read about and know about the violent home invasions that are taking place all around (and nobody can be sure that they are not next, since it seems random), and yet still insist on being careless and, yes, STUPID about security, then it behooves you to set her straight, for the sake of your kids, you, and her.

Or is she believing in the nonsensical illusion that somehow the police still are a means of salvation even if these guys are already at the door?

I mean it, you are going to have to lay down the law about what is tolerable as far as being lackadaisical at the front door (and elsewhere). Maybe you could read her accounts of the victims of the recent robberies and ask how she'd feel if your children were tied up by invaders. You're going to have to hit her in the emotion department, unfortunately, because a sheeple "say-no-to-guns" female can often be reached only in that way. Good luck.

-blackmind

Page generated in 0.02311 seconds with 8 queries