View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 07:49 PM   #31
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-79G
Because in the case of a raffle, the "buyer" isn't the one who paid for the firearm. The raffle giver paid for the gun, so how is the winner going to claim that they are the buyer to sign the form?
I'm aware of some raffles where the winner is simply given a check for the MSRP of the gun. So gun laws don't really apply. Also, if I buy a gun and raffle it off (instead of giving the winner a check), it's simply a gift from myself (the actual buyer) to the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-79G
And interstate stuff pertains because you have to go through an FFL, and you're saying that a gift doesn't qualify. So there would be no possible way to give someone a gun in another state since you're saying the receiver couldn't sign the 4473 as the "buyer".
In fact, there is no way to give someone a gun in another state without an FFL. If I raffle the gun off and the winner is in another state, it has to go through an FFL, which (I suspect) is why the raffles in which the winner is simply paid the MSRP of the gun is simply sent a check. That avoids the FFL problem.

Page generated in 0.02974 seconds with 8 queries