View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 12:26 AM   #15
DennRN

Vladan,
For some reason I can't seem to find the thread again. I did find mention of 221 fireball dies and 222 dies being modified with good results too. The post with 221 dies gives instructions. Just google convert 221 to TCM.

I went to the range again yesterday and am getting even more impressed with this sweet little pistol. 9mm barrel got some serious range time yesterday with 400 rounds of 125 gr plated RN atop 3.6 gr IMR PB seated to a COL of 1.115.

Having already tried 115gr plated 3.4 IMR PB and getting stove pipes I was confident enough to load up 500 of the 125 grain with a little more powder to help the action cycle more reliably.

Next time I go to the range I will remember to start packing before the range actually closes so in my haste I don't end up tossing all my targets.

The trigger keeps feeling better and better to me, I'm sure that it is a sub 5 lb trigger although I haven't had it scaled. It feels right in between a professionally tuned 3.5lb trigger and a 4lb trigger.

I was putting large holes in the center of the targets with only 12-13 distinguishable along the borders and the rest presumably through the middle.

Good luck trying to get just a TCM barrel, although you won't have any trouble the other way around. If you get one and keep the TCM barrel I will gladly subsidize your purchase by picking up the spare slide and 9 barrel =)

KyJim, There are plenty of people reloading this round and experimenting with adding their own "toppings" including FMJ round nose.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries