View Single Post
Old December 24, 2010, 09:16 AM   #24
demigod

Quote:
It is in fact twice the amount. Its a lot higher at the carrier too.

http://www.armalite.com/images/Tech%...4%E2%80%A6.pdf

Just because you know of one guy who feels like their weapon is running smoothly doesn't mean it in fact is and demonstrates the soundness of the concept on a wide scale. At the very least their weapons internals are pummeling the **** out themselves every time they fire and they are more likely to have serious failure in the weapon eventually. The Army actually put out additions to many FMs because some Joes did this and had catastrophic failures. Please do your research before you rudely dismiss something "ABSOLUTE NONSENSE".
Oh I've done my research, Jethro. Try playing with Quickload and getting some facts. Try looking at a pressure curve chart and tell me that the pressure is double. I just doesn't work that way.

It's not even debateable that the rifle buffer runs smoother... ON ANY AND ALL gas systems. Running a carbine upper and the standard carbine buffer is what beats a gun senseless. If you can explain to the rest of the world how a heavier buffer on a less compressed spring stroke equates to a gun running harsher, you can defy basic physics. And try selling that idiotic notion to any of the engineers who post on the various forums from time to time.

Armalite's silly website is long out of date... just like armalite's product line. They've been long left in the dust. Maybe 10 years ago the best info we had on the AR was Armalite's site, but we have good, and real info available to us now. I'd never site a company who uses CLAMP ON front site bases as the official word on AR matters.

Last edited by demigod; December 24, 2010 at 09:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries