View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 12:31 AM   #43
Tickling

Good job Oregonians! Your letters and phone calls are having an effect, several of the signers of HB 3200 are backing off.

This is a letter from the Democratic Whip and sponsor of the bill:

Quote:
Thank you for writing me with your thoughts on House Bill 3200. I understand your passion for the issue and appreciate your perspective. I signed on to the bill because I'm hearing considerable interest from my constituents in reducing gun violence. Since then, you and others have pointed out valid concerns with a number of specific provisions of the bill. I cannot see myself supporting the bill in its current form, but I am glad that its introduction has stimulated discussion. My hope is that we will be able to come together on smart policies that keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them, while respecting the second amendment rights of law abiding Oregonians. Increased background checks and an increased commitment to mental health care are among the things I think we should consider. I welcome your thoughts, and will keep them in mind as the session progresses. Please keep in touch.

Best, Tobias Read

P.S. I have taken the liberty of adding you to our electronic newsletter. We send out updates on our district and our work from time to time. Please let us know if you'd like to be removed.

Representative Tobias Read, HD 27 Democratic Whip 900 Court Street NE, H 286 Salem, OR 97301 Capitol: 503.986.1427 District: 503.641.6800 [email protected] http://www.leg.state.or.us/read/

Page generated in 0.02805 seconds with 8 queries