View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Mosin-Nagant Nut

Can I buy a gun?

Greetings forum, I am new here and have been wondering if it's possible for me to own a gun under my circamstances. So when I was thirteen or fourteen I had some issues which had to include the police. I was never taken to court but I was brought to the emergency room and evaluated, the doctors had suggested my parents to bring me to a mental institution for further evaluation. So my question is can I purchasse a gun without any legal issues? I know on the background check it's asked if I was adjudicated as mentally ill or involuntarily commited, so does my situation count as being involuntarily commited? I already own a rifle and am planning on buying another one, but I'm just paranoid that I might run in to some issues that might get me into some legal problems. I'm also planning on going to the mental hospital and ordering my medical documents to see if it says anything about being involuntarily commited, and I'm also going to call up the ATF and see if they can help me out as well. By the way I live in Maine if that will help out any. Any information would be deeply apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mosin

Page generated in 0.03023 seconds with 8 queries