View Single Post
Old July 2, 2012, 02:20 PM   #88
Hardbawl

The Glock grip angle may suit some and not others. Everyone has a thing called muscle memory. If you point your finger at something it really is pointed at that object [unless you are built funny] according to your brain. Pick up an mty pistol. Hold it in your strong hand with your trigger finger along the slide. Look at an object. Close your eyes and point your finger at that object. Open your eyes. Are the sights lined up? If they are, this may be just the pistol for you in times of stress.

For some [other than me] the Glock passes this test. For me, the 1911 and especially the M&P pass this test with uncanny passing colors. Even though I am a 1911 fan, the M&P actually points better.

Glock did something really great for the pistol shooting public. They came about at a time when the company that owned the US auto pistol market [Colt] was turning out jam-o-matics. Revolvers were more reliable. My first Colt 1911 never fired a full magazine with out a stoppage of some kind. Glocks worked. You didn't have to hire a gunsmith to set them right.

Sure, the Glock has a crap trigger, but when you pull it the gun goes bang! Sure the grip feels fat, but you can put hundreds of rounds thru one with out cleaning and never have a stoppage. Sure the frame is made out of some black Austrian goo, but they never seem to wear out.

Now Glock has shamed the other pistol manufactures into giving us guns that work. The 1911 that I was shooting this past weekend has over 10,000 rounds with out a stoppage. My S&W M&P has never jammed. We have Glock to thank for this. They raised the standard.

For years we put up with the bad trigger, boxy grip, and poor grip angle because Glocks worked. Now, others like the M&P not only work, they feel good, and offer good triggers too. It is time for Glock to wake up and take notice.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Page generated in 0.06259 seconds with 8 queries