View Single Post
Old February 25, 2012, 07:16 AM   #21
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockstar .40
sure you may or may not want glasers for HD but what if your in a building and a thug is attacking someone with a knife and your 25 feet away? if i miss with my first shot its comforting to know its not going into the next room or outside. imho
The best way to limit overpenetration is to not miss. To that extent, it seems like stopping the fight with the fewest rounds fired is the safest solution for everyone.

Also, give the Brassfetcher link a read. As I noted in the original post, Glaser actually penetrated an interior wall just fine and then penetrated almost the FBI minimum of ballistics gel on the other side - so the chance it will go into the next room is probably higher than you think.

I certainly wouldn't advocate (and I bet the manufacturer of Glaser would not either) taking any shots with Glaser that you would not take with a JHP.

Also, in the original post, I used figures for the average human male. As someone recently pointed out to me, the average American male tends to be a bit bigger than the global average, with an average depth of around 10" and a width of 20" or so.

Page generated in 0.02409 seconds with 8 queries