View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 07:45 PM   #8
zippy13

Quote:
When I was shooting skeet it was just 2 rounds in the mag. The officer used the 10 round when everybody was done just to see if he could hit 10 skeets in a row none stop.
I'm reminded of the time I was completing the paper work late one Sunday afternoon after a week-end long tournament. It was pretty close to closing time; but, there was still some shooting at the trap field closest to the clubhouse. I went outside to deposit the receipts at Rangemaster's office, there were guns going off and targets flying, but nobody at the trap line. I figured they were shooting from behind the safety fence -- a technical violation of the safety rules. But, like many clubs, the boomer boys are given an opportunity for long range trap late in the day. I looked behind the fence and still nobody! Then I realized, they were shooting from up on the roof! Both of them long time club members and both of them senior police officers. It seems those trusted to enforce the rules are often the first to bend them.
Quote:
And I used a 5 round mag with just 2 rounds.
Bravo! At least you were following the general safety precautions.
Quote:
but my view is that so long as you remain at one station, you will be no less safe with ten than with two. As always, observe the rules of the club and be safe.
But, it's not longer Skeet nor Trap.

Page generated in 0.02186 seconds with 8 queries