Thread: Osborne Uses
View Single Post
Old October 2, 2000, 05:29 AM   #5
fubsy

Actually,
Depending what your cutting it will take away from the blade---each time it is sharpened you lose a very small amount of material. I generally dont oversharpen with stones, I keep a strop with rouge and will strop the blade a few times just to keep the edge aligned, it save's haveing to use a stone to correct the bevel as often. On a non-sereated blade I use a moran edge not the standard V shape I find it cuts better and has good edge retention and the blade appears not to wear as much. The angle that your blade is sharpened is going to determine how long the edge will last, depending upon the material its used on and the blade characteristic's developed during manufactering. Anymore I tend to use a spyderco delica every day and non-serated sharpening is not an issue like it use to be. I have noticed that with the deep beveling in the sereations it definitely weakens the edge--I find that I can chip part of the sereation eaiser then I would have though possible so in order to have a knife available I have 3 or 4 of the same type and I use one till its pretty much hacked up and I send it back and they replace it. They have gone up in price and its far cheaper to destroy a $50 knife then a more expensive one. ....fubsy....

Page generated in 0.02176 seconds with 8 queries