View Single Post
Old June 6, 2011, 04:48 AM   #211
MikeNice81

Quote:
I've known about the .327 ever since it came out. I knew it would beat out a .38 special +P any day, and with similar recoil. It really makes a perfect carry round for a small revolver, giving you 6 shots when normally you would only have 5.
I keep seeing this and I think people are missing something. There is really no reason for only five shots of .38spl in a J-frame gun. Taurus brought out the 856 and proved the point. With an increase of less than 1/16th of an inch the were able to fit in the extra round.

The guns are reliable for long shooting lives. I have a friend with 2,000 rounds through his. The minimal expansion did not compromise the durability of the gun at all.

Instead of coming up with a new catridge, give us the gun that we want. A 6 shot S&W J-frame would sell fairly well. Instead we get a new round from Federal. On top of that the gun press generally covered the high end guns that were chambered for the round. It was bad timing for a new $600 revolver.

If the press would have covered the Taurus and other lower priced alternatives it might have caught on quicker. I just could not see buying a $600 gun for a new round that I couldn't find any where.

Why do that when (if the 6th round was so important) I could get an 856 for $300 out the door? It is chamberred for an easy to find round that sells for $16.00 per 50.

Page generated in 0.03748 seconds with 8 queries