View Single Post
Old February 25, 2018, 01:39 PM   #1
turkeestalker

Rimfire Scout Scope Options?

I've got one of the Taurus model 62 'copies' of the Winchester model 62.
Lucky enough to have one of the (slightly cheesy but functional and fun) Taurus tang sights on it.
Love that little plinker.

My favorite LGS has one of the carbine versions of the Taurus 72, (22 Mag), that I saw yesterday LNIB... only without the box.
It does however come with the factory Weaver style scope base which uses the rear sight dove tail to mount forward of the receiver.
I left without buying it but wound up calling him an hour later and asking him to set it back for me to pop in and pick it up early next week.
Just too great a temptation at $335... at least for this weakling it is.

Sorry for the longwinded set up, but what rimfire appropriate extended eye relief scopes are out there to be had?
Not wishing for some mondo magnification uber objective lens monster, nor will I mount a red dot on it.
More along the lines of something lower power, slim and sleek as this is a very 'petite' rifle with the 16.5" carbine barrel. (LOP is only 13" on these rifles)
Besides, being a supposed copy of a Winchester from the 30s and 40s it should at least attempt to look somewhat period correct or try to complement the lines of the rifle.

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 8 queries