View Single Post
Old September 25, 2012, 05:29 AM   #61
Tokarev User

when all things looked at TOKAREV

I would take the Tokarev for a few reasons. One I don't use hallow points ever. I use my tokarev in a custom holster for CCW. I use the S&B FMJ as they are the fastest averages about 1600 fps. Impact is probably 500 lbs. I once shot a BOB and while it did not fall over it did whip back. If I shoot a gallon milk jug filled with water and frozen solid it goes through, shatters the ice and the jug goes flying.

During the over 100 year war between British and French the French straight saber killed twice as many people as the British curved Saber. Because a cut may bleed nore but if it fails to hit an organ it is stitched up. It is for this same reason that the tokarev round his more killing power and not "stopping" power. This is applied to wounding and not killing using hallow points. This is why 80% of people who get shot by handguns live in the US.

The tokarev itself is a pound lighter, is better for one handed fire so I can use a knife in my other. The bullets and the mag is lighter. So you can carry more ammo for the same weight. Accuracy I hate to break to people is better with my compensator and the S&B ammo I can shoot hand size groups all day at 10 yards and hit a human size Target center mass at 25. Better shots than me at the range have scored hits with my Tokarev at 100. The tokarev half cock safety works well and yeah I have carried 8 in the mag and 1 in the chamber for a year now. I have thrown the gun on the ground (loaded with blanks) to show people that the gun goes not go off. Is it different? Yes... Require some practice to be good with? Yes.

The Tokarev is only a problem to people who are bias and love the 1911 and our fat American hand gun bullet belief. But fact is if I shoot someone with my S&B FMJ it is going to go all the way through them, probably hit something vital and my attacker will have two holes to spew blood from rather than one. Hunters don't use big fat slow bullets on any size game. The 7.62x54r I hunt with out of my Mosin Nagant has dropped large deer and boar being only a 174gr bullet.

Modern combat I think the FN Five SeveN beats both with a 30 round extended mag with armor piercing ammo. Because in terms of being outnumbered havng more bullets to fire matters more. But between the 1911 and the Tokarev I take the tokarev because what it lacks in stopping it makes up for being more fatal, being able to carry more ammo at the same weight and being easier to use in CQC. Yes the 1911 wins the popularity contest, but people re tell what some other guy says rather than what they have done and seen themselves.

I have carried the tokarev in CCW and on a weekend hunt. And carried a1911 (rock island mill spec) in the same situations. It's why I can put myself in a military weight Vs resource scenario to view the tokarev the winner in.

Page generated in 0.05218 seconds with 8 queries