View Single Post
Old January 30, 2010, 09:39 PM   #57
Chaz88

If we put the street theater aspect of this incident aside, I think the law only allowing open carry in the hand is detrimental to open carry in general.
If I see someone openly carrying a holstered side arm that dose not throw up the red flag near as fast as a weapon in the hand.

I would think if I was LE a weapon in the hand would prompt me to take immediate action and thoroughly cover all bases to ensure public safety.
When it comes to LE, it is hard sometimes, but I try to keep in mind the imposable task they are charged with of protecting the public. Even when that means my sensitive toes get stepped on a bit.

I think that follows from "we the people" charging LE with a task that we should shoulder more of the responsibility for instead of crying "pore helpless me" and hitting them with a law suite when they don't show up fast enough to protect us. (I know I am mostly preaching to the choir)

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.

Page generated in 0.03765 seconds with 8 queries