View Single Post
Old April 2, 2019, 04:37 PM   #4
gwpercle

I was right handed and right eye dominant when I lost the sight in my right eye in 1985.
I could never come up with any kind of off set stock or cross over sight mount back then.
Now 34 years have passed and a lot of new things have happened.
My solution was to shoot left handed...my left shoulder had no issues.
Today I would try a AR rifle with a rail mounted scope or red dot mounted on the left side .
I don't know if that would work but I do know that a scope mounted in the conventional way can't be shot with the left eye from the right shoulder ...my neck just didn't have enough adjustment to allow it.

I stopped shooting for a long time . One day at the skeet range I told an an instructor my problem....He said, "just shoot left handed " . I hadn't thought of that ! He placed my feet in the correct place and I mounted the gun a few times lefty ...then smoked the first target ! WOW...amazing and been shooting left handed ever since.

Handguns I just hold in my right hand and shoot with the left eye ...easy ! I shoot more handgun than long guns now days.

Keep trying different things until you find a way...where there's a will ...you will find a way .
Gary

Page generated in 0.03225 seconds with 8 queries