View Single Post
Old September 13, 2018, 11:44 AM   #33
Tallest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
I suspect probably most of us! Who grabbed a rifle and headed out to see his first deer? Not me! First deer I ever saw I was young enough that I likely wanted to get closer and pet it. I can actually remember feeding animal cracker's to wild deer when I was a kid! Lofting a bullet 500 yds at a game animal and hoping for the best has never occurred to me. Taking a shot at 300yds has but I've only done that one time to sooth my ego. With most any cartridge you can sight in to hold dead on and make a good hit to 300 yds. Very few will allow more and I doubt any will do that to 400 yds. A whole lot of guy's talk about the need for a 500 yd rifle but damn few ever practice at that range and fewer still have the ability to shoot well at that range.

Sorry but, IMO the mans statement is extremely well though out!
I'm not talking about going out in diapers carrying a gun...

And why assert that I'm implying knowledge of deer is the same thing as intention to hunt?

All the hunting academics out there are no substitute for field learning under the tutelage of experience.

But yes, the statement made more sense once he elaborated. But at the point of my response it sounded like a condescending blow off.

"All men are ignorant. The topics of our ignorance may vary, but the nature of the world is that no man may know everything." ~ R Jordan

Page generated in 0.02016 seconds with 8 queries