View Single Post
Old October 17, 2011, 01:11 AM   #13
Jim243

Quote:
One of the comments I've heard (and read) many times over the last few years was that one reason for the .357 Sigs existence, or a reason in favor of it, was that it penetrates auto glass and bodies better than other rounds or where other rounds do not.

Not quite true, it exist because it sends a 124 grain 9mm bullet out the barrel at 1,400 feet per second. It is great on pit bulls, rothwhilers, german sheppards and other soft skin targets. Cars? Who cares. That is like saying will someone be more dead if hit with a alluminum base ball bat or wooden base ball bat, they will be dead no matter what.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER shot a car nor would I be stuppid enough to fire at one and have a bullet miss or ricochet and kill someone standing accross the street. If someone is shooting at me, I am sure they will open their window first and that is my target. Most of us have trouble shooting the bullseye of a stationary target at the range 30 feet infront of us and you want to consider shooting at a moving target in open public?

Yes, I did look at the video, and as far as a Bag of Truth, it is a Bag of B.S..
Shooting through a winshield inside at 8 inches is not the same as trying to shoot through a winshield from 15 to 20 feet from the outside with an angle of deflection of 60 degrees, talk about stacking the deck in their favor to prove they do not know what they are talking about.

A little common sense goes a long way, but if it was so common why is so hard to find.
Jim

Page generated in 0.03431 seconds with 8 queries