Thread: Feral cats.
View Single Post
Old August 7, 2011, 02:42 PM   #24
Artie

Here it is illegal to shoot cats and dogs UNLESS they pose a direct threat to humans or livestock. I understand that in certain areas that they can become a huge problem, but I'm reluctant to see people shoot them as a first resort. There are far too many folks here that shoot them for fun and hide behind the excuse of how bad they are on wild game and song birds. You can see it in this particular thread already, as some act like they have accomplished something by shooting a cat.

Obviously there are different laws in different states, but I always think people need to THINK before they make a decision that is final. We have had several cases in this state where cats have been shot in town, only to turn out to be someones pet, in one case the mayor's, and it almost ALWAYS leads to a backlash against all hunters. One city banned bows within city limits after such an incident.

If you must kill cats (or dogs) make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. I sure would not want my son getting joy from killing cats, much like Jeffery Dahmer did. I would rather see him kick the ass of those who dump them. It's not the cats fault that they've been put in the situation they are in, and for that fact, it's hard for me to warrant the death penalty.

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries