View Single Post
Old October 17, 2005, 08:09 PM   #11
USP45usp

The indoor range have vent systems that remove most of the lead.

Also, many of the older codgers still cast their own bullets and when they were younger, didn't do everythng to protect themselves that they do now. Sure, some abit "loopy" but I don't know if that is from the lead or age (please, don't hit me for that one ).

Denny is correct. When you use chemical and you get any overspray on you, the instructions say to wash with cold water (and soap). They don't mention why but after looking in on it, the cold water doesn't make the pores open while hot water will. Your body is basically trying to regulate temperature and thus will open, or close pores to adjust the body heat.

For a grown man, I wouldn't worry much about it. Children and pregnant(sp) women I would worry because of the kid is still developing, both the ones inside and outside of the women's body. (if not in a well ventiliated area).

You could have your doc mark off the square for a lead test (heavy metal test including mercury with the fish and mercury scare that goes on in some areas) and they can find out what your levels are.

I know (knew, I knew him from the Military) of one person, he's a hyprochandriac anyway , that wears a respirator at the shooting range, in or out (side).

But then, when he came over to my house he would do the same since I'm a smoker. He was kinding but I did open up the entire house for good airflow.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries