View Single Post
Old May 23, 2004, 01:04 AM   #14
Cactus

Quote:
Cactus - I think Jason's point is that if the state issues you a permit to carry concealed, then they have the right to take it away. (Permit comes from the same root word as permission) If it can be taken away, it isn't a right.
The only way a CCW can be revoked in WA is if you have done something to make you ineligable to own a firearm. The WA constitutions provisions regarding gun rights is stronger than the federal constitutions.

The constitution would have to be amended, by a vote of the people, in order for revokation without due cause to happen. Besides, if they could revoke your right to carry concealed at any time, what makes you think they wouldn't revoke the right to open carry as well?

The police can also run a records check on you if they see you open carry and give them probable cause, or just stop you and ask you questions as Fishorman discovered. The courts will uphold that every time.

Apparently Fishorman doesn't mind the lost time and hassle. Good for him! But I have better things to do with my time and for the cost of a box of ammo every four years, I can avoid the hassle. If someone thinks I'm shredding the constitution, fine; I won't lose any sleep over it.

Voting is also a right, so should we not have to register? I've never once heard that arguement. In fact, most conservatives and libertarians I've talked too, think that voters registration should be made MORE stringent, not less.

Page generated in 0.03385 seconds with 8 queries