View Single Post
Old April 29, 2018, 04:50 PM   #18
TruthTellers

I think Evan Thomas and Bill DeShivs are on the money here. I'm thinking a 20 gauge is going to be too much for her and most .410 pumps hold less than 5 rounds, I believe. I'm not all that up on .410 pumps.

I think a two shot pump is too limiting for an old lady. I don't have a doubt running a single or double barrel shotgun for home defense, but I'm in my 20's, I can get physical if I have to, and it's not like a double is my only gun.

A Ruger or Beretta 9mm Carbine or a 10/22 with 25 round mags will go a long way for home protection and the ammo is cheap to shoot.

One thing you may want to consider is the Ruger Charger pistol. You can buy an adapter that will fit an AR buffer tube on it and that will allow use of a pistol brace that is adjustable so she can get the optimum length of pull. Also, the barrel is 10 inches, so she'd have a nice compact .22.

It doesn't have any iron sights on it, just a rail for an optic. I think a red dot would be a good choice, but a laser could also be done as the Charger comes with a piece of rail underneath to mount a bipod.

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries