View Single Post
Old December 1, 2017, 08:09 AM   #12
DMK

Quote:
I was more concerned with the reticle of the Eotech and the front sight post cluttering the view.
Nathan's right. Clutter shouldn't be an issue.

You are focused on your target and you have a big bright illuminated reticle superimposed over it. That brightly lit reticle will be very apparent even though you aren't looking at it, but everything else will be ghosted out if you are doing it right.

Don't look at the reticle. Don't look at the sights. Look at the target. Both eyes open.

I never notice my front sight until I focus on looking for it. Even with flip ups, I always leave the front up and often leave the rear one up too.

Even the complicated reticle shouldn't be an issue. I've used optics with Primary Arms ACSS reticle and that makes the Eotech downright simple in comparison. What you are aiming with is right in the center. Ignore everything else unless you are trying to do windage or hold overs.

Quote:
You can see the front sight base clear as day.
If you are looking for it. Don't look for it. Your right eye sees it, but you brain should be ignoring it and using the target information from your left eye (Reverse if you are a lefty).

Last edited by DMK; December 1, 2017 at 08:20 AM.

Page generated in 0.03861 seconds with 8 queries