View Single Post
Old October 2, 2017, 03:53 PM   #4
Front Sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
The EMP4 should be just about perfect for CCP division, where everyone will be shooting guns of approximately the same size.
Unfortunately there aren’t too many people, at least for local matches, who compete in CCP. I was looking more towards ESP, otherwise (if I were to choose to) I’d have a little bit of a tough time advancing in CCP since with IDPA, one must complete against 10 others at minimum to advance in ranking - and there often aren’t 10 CCP competitors. At least so I’m told by a friend who is a serious competitor.

My main concern is that I’m going to have a harder time getting better by using a gun that doesn’t fit all that well. Though I’d also put myself at a disadvantage by going to something that has a shorter sight radius.

I’m definitely not under any illusion that I’ll achieve Grand Master status just by swapping out my gun. I’ve done a couple locals action pistol matches and I had a blast using my XDM. I’m just trying to decide which pistol would be a better choice. It’s a tough decision and there’s definitely pros and cons either way.

But if no one is saying “don’t even attempt to complete with a 4” barrel, you’ll be so outclassed as to never have a chance at advancing”, then I may make the swap.

Now.... if I want to compete in USPSA, then I’ve got a whole ‘nother set of problems if I change guns, since one must complete in single stack with a 9mm 1911 against other competitors shooting major, but can go Production with the XDM.

Too many damn things to consider.

I may just go with what feels comfortable and the rest be damned...

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 8 queries