View Single Post
Old July 15, 2022, 09:49 PM   #19
zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9mm View Post
There are a couple differences between his and mine. both loads are 44spl with 280g wide flat nose bullets.

First is powder, he is using H110 where I am using Power Pistol

Second is velocity, I was at about 1055, trying to stay subsonic. His loads are in the 1300fps range if I remember correctly.

Lastly is pressure. His loads are around 20k PSI per GRT, my loads, per GRT were in the 13k PSI range.

Both our rifles are Henrys, although his has a brass receiver and mine is steel.

I slugged my barrel and came up with .430, which is what we have been sizing out bullets to. I am suspicious that his extra pressure is causing the bullets to seal better and keeping them stable. I will be doing some duplication if his loads to test. As well as pushing my loads up a bit to the 20k pressure range to see if mine start shooting straight. I also ordered sizers in .431 and .432. going to see if going up in bullet size will fix my problem as well with the lower pressure loads. kind of just double checking my theory.
Would ask what specific bullets you and friend are using? In a shorter case it may not be the col that matters, but what the jump is from the bullets full diam to the rifling. Believe your choice of 44 special cases and lower pressure may be making the difference. Especially when considering the results of shooting your friends loads, which do not look like a fluke to me.

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries