View Single Post
Old December 9, 2017, 11:07 AM   #22
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amati View Post
Selling my gun is equivalent to gifting it. Custom guns from private parties are toxic.

So far this pistol has cost north of $3K and a buyer who would pay more than the cost of a new in the box Mil-Spec would be very hard to find.

Two resellers have admired it but neither one was interested to buy it, at any price.

The idea is to spend another ~ $2K and end up with a Skadoosh ^^^ gun from Clark Custom. I called them a few days ago and spoke with Clay Patterson who gave me great confidence in moving forward.
Not to be rude but if you have spent north of $3000 on this pistol and are looking to spend more you wasted your money. You could have sent it to a real custom shop like Yost, Williams, Cogan, Harrison, Burton, Chen, Christiansen etc.... and gotten exactly what you wanted for less and I can guarantee that the gun would be worth 80%-90% what you had in it if it was built by one of these guys. If you cannot sell a customized gun with documentation then you are trying to sell in the wrong places.

Someone with a soft spot for a GI pistol is not going to do this kind of work. Custom work does not equal GI pistol IMHO. Without pics of the existing gun I get the feeling we are being trolled.

Page generated in 0.03005 seconds with 8 queries